Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Positive results!

Hello there and welcome to another boring post. OK, just kidding. This is actually a good post. My father had his heart surgery this morning and all is well. They took him in around 9:45 and he was back by 10:40. He was wide awake when they wheeled him back in and said he had been awake thru most of the procedure. The nurse took the vital signs and then brought him lunch , since he hadn't eaten since last night. It didn't take him long to scarf down the turkey sandwich and cookies. A half hour later the Dr came in and preceded to tell us all went well. He said there was a 20mm hole that had been fixed and everything had checked out just fine. I then asked him if it was hereditary and yes it is. There have been many strokes in his side of the family so I do believe it is time for me to get myself checked out also. I would rather catch any problem now then further down the road, if ya know what I mean! Anyhow, that's the good news for the day. It is snowing in Utah again so I am beginning to think spring has been cancelled and at some point summer will drop in like a ton of lead. I know we need the water but hell...... I want spring. I suffer from JEEP-itis and its a terrible disease. The only cure is to be out in the wilds Jeeping! Being stuck here at home is slowly zapping my strength. So, that's about it. I am very thankful for the outcome of this surgery and for all my friends who showed concern. You guys rock! Until next time...... Jeep on!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happpy things went well. Hope all the rest goes well also...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!