Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ouch Damnit

Hmmmmmm where to begin? Due to some recent pain I have had in my mouth, I decided to visit my former neighbor, MR Dentist. Former meaning we both grew up in the same neighborhood. Fact is, according to my father, when he was our paper boy, it seems my dads dog Spot bit him! So, I guess now he gets to exact revenge on me with his powerful drill! I got there and was whisked right into the chamber of tortures and x-rayed. He has these new digital x-rays that are cool as hell. The assistant took the shots and immediately they showed up on the computer screen. Cool as hell! He wandered in after that and began to examine my teeth. Of course I don't remember which teeth hurt so he stuck the little pick into every nook and cranny in every tooth. He was getting rather bored with it and told me he had bad news: I had no cavities. Well, that was said just as he started the last tooth. Oops. Seems that the last one he looked at had a tiny one right on the gum line. None of the ones that had been bothering me had any problems. So, since it was an appointment to fix a cavity he took out the big old needle and stuck it in my jaw. Ouch! I swear he put enough sleeping juice in there to numb up my whole face.
After the mandatory 20 minute wait, he returned to the scene of the crime and began. I really don't mind it except I hate the smell of a drilled tooth and the one drill had to be about 1/8th of an inch in diameter and it made my head rattle. Drives me nuts. So, he drilled it out and filled it with whatever it is they use now a days and that was that. My damn face was asleep and stayed asleep till about 8pm. At this point in time, my tooth now aches and its time for a percocet. OK, I made this sound bad but it really wasn't. I told him that I would write about it on this blog and he should read it. So if your reading it DR R, thanks! You are the best dentist I know! For those of you who need a dentist in the Ogden area, might I suggest DR Val Radmall. The guy is good! Jeep on my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!