Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dust and a new friend

Welcome to another adventure ! Saturday was almost a perfect day to Jeep. What would have made it perfect you ask? Well, it could have been longer. It seems that there is never enough time to go out and Jeep till you feel completely satisfied. But that's all part of life I suppose. The day started late due to obligations here at the house: laundry, cleaning, you know, stuff you hate to do but have to do any way. I headed up Logan canyon and took right hand fork and then the trail to Mt Logan. I had hoped the rain would have kept the trail a little moist it didn't. It was dusty as hell! Before I knew it, everything, including me was covered in dust. Nasty , yucky stuff..... but a part of the Jeeping lifestyle. The above foto is an unidentified bird that was huge. My guess is Turkey Vulture, but what do I know? Anyone have a clue?

The view from the 1st mountain you have to go over to get to to the real Mt Logan is as far as I made it. You still have a great view of the world and its so nice up there. This is a foto of the mountains looking to the southeast. The clouds were boiling up getting ready for an evening of rain. I just wish it would have rained why I was up there. It would have cut down on the dust. But, even with the dust, the trip was a blast. Gotta love any time you can get out of the city and play in the Woods!

While parked on the peak, I wandered thru the trees and met my new friend. This is Bill, but I call him William. He was going to every pine cone on the this branch and getting the pine nuts out and eating them. If I recall, they can store a whole bunch in their mouth and take them back to where they live. He was having fun and even posed for a few fotos. What a nice guy. On another note, Fall is coming. The trees have begun to change colors up there. Looks like we will soon be facing colder weather and the dreaded snow. I know I am not ready for it. Well, that's it. Enjoy your day and don't forget to Jeep on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!