Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Sunday drive in the park........

I know it's no where near Sunday but what the hell, it's the thought that counts right? Anyway, we headed up Blacksmith Fork canyon Sunday afternoon with the intent to see if all the people who said you can't go past the spring falls to the main road were right. The road in to the falls was quite lonely and we really only saw like 4 atvs heading into the mountains. Most of the traffic was headed out. We came to the turnoff and headed into the canyon of the falls. I will say it again that I am really pissed off that the Forrest Service changed the trail and took out the water crossings. We arrived at the falls and didn't even stop. The atv riders looked at us like we were crazy and we probably are...... The trail wasn't very bad at all and we followed it for quite a few miles. We came to a very beautiful spot and I decided to stop and take some fotos........ and sure as shit, the battery was dead on my camera. I have the worst luck. From now on I vow to check out the battery before I go anywhere. Sam had her film camera so we snapped a few fotos and moved on. The trail was still fairly good and I began to doubt the naysayers. The further along we got the narrower the trail got but you know me, it didn't faze me 1 bit. There was even a point where a high flowing spring was flowing off the mountain and onto the trail..... finally some mud! The river had also got closer as the canyon narrowed and we began to see all sorts of beaver dams and fish all over. It's like no one must ever fish there. Well, the trail got really narrow and we rounded the bend and there it was..... the rock slide. We had to stop and get out to see how tough it would be....... and being a solo vehicle, I made the decision to turn back. I will return one day and try my luck at it.... that I promise. Just as we turned around, a full size truck came around the bend and got the surprise too. He barely squeezed by us and how he got turned around I'll never know cuz we split! I thought I had scratched the Jeep but his truck looked like shit. I think he was trying to impress his date. Anyway, we headed back, stopped at the falls and played in the water and headed for home. It was a great day and as I said, I will return. Jeep on my friends!

1 comment:

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!