Monday, January 2, 2012

new year resolutions 2012

Welcome to 2012! This year I have decided to make a few resolutions. Number 1, Jeep more! So, since I am gonna do my best on following my resolutions,we went Jeeping today. I decided to head west and see if I could find Dolphin island. On the way there, we passed by a Sunday revival meeting of the Church of the Holy Antelope. Very religious group of people? Ha Ha
We blew through Kelton heading south along the west side of the Great Salt Lake on our way to Dolphin Island. We followed the original rail bed of the Central Pacific and decided to stop by the famous Chinamans' arch. Instead of hiking to it like idiots, we Jeeped up the mountain to it. Yah I know.... but what the hell. If you got it, use it.
So we continued along the shore until we came to where we could see the island. The ground over to the island looked dry but it wasn't. I have been stuck in the mud flats once so I will never again venture out on them! It was late by then and its about a 3 mile walk so all we have is a foto from the distance. Maybe someday in the future I'll venture across the lake to the land locked island!
We headed back and stopped in Kelton to check out the sunset. It was so awesome. Fotos cant do this sunset justice. So, that was the 1st Jeep trip of the new year. There will be plenty more if I have my way. As for my other resolutions...... what resolutions? Jeep on my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!