Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finally, a new post

Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted anything. Sorry , but I have  been busy with school and work and being poor. But, I did have a chance to go out last Sunday and we had a great time, considering I finally got Old Yellow stuck. We headed up to Beaver Creek canyon, which was really the only trail open, and proceeded to see how far we could go. As we hit the trail head, I stopped to hook up my GOPRO HERO camera and as I was doing that, I noticed another Jeep had pulled onto the trail also. They sat there watching me and I had no clue as to what they were doing. I got the camera mounted, turned it on with my IPhone and off we went. The trail, as I hope you can see from the video, was a perfect mixture of mud and snow. We got to a spot that I was nervous about so since we were alone, I turned back. On the trip back down, you will notice that the other Jeep had followed us. We stopped and had a conversation that was pretty much me " you have a tow strap" they said yes and said "lets go"! I flipped a U turn and back up we went. We blew right thru the questionable area and got to a culvert bridge. Being stupid, I took the wrong angle and I got stuck. The rear slid down the embankment and I buried the Jeep. The snow was deep enough that I could barely get the door open to get out. Hmmmmmmm, that really sucked! Thank heavens for the other Jeep. They hooked their tow strap up to my rear bumper and within 5 minutes, I was out. I hope the video of the adventure is viewable on here. This is the 1st time I have tried posting one, so we shall see. Even tho we did get stuck, it was a great trip. The sun was out and I had the side windows out and the top folded back for our pleasure. The new tires fling mud and snow very well and I like it! The wife keeps saying its time to go to Moab, so I might have to do it. Hopefully the video works and you can enjoy my first stuck in Old Yellow. Jeep on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!