Friday, September 15, 2017

Hell: Two Weeks and Counting

 Man where do I begin? These have got to be some of the ugliest fotos I have ever posted on here. On September 4th, after returning home from my job I took a spill. My poor left leg took 96% of the fall and it's been Hell around here ever since. I really had no idea how big a leg could get until now. I hope to never find out information like this ever again.
 The worst part of this whole affair, no, I guess 2 bad things happened, so one of the worst things was the infection. Anybody that has been following me on my adventures knows that I have had issues this year with 2 unknown infections. They spring up and within an hour you begin to have serious damage to the skin in that area. As you can see, the evil nasty bug is now on my leg too. And like the first 2 on my chest, it will not grow anything in the culture dish. 
 So what are we dealing with???  No one knows yet. I was sent over to Logan to see a dermatologist and he was dumbfounded. His exact words were "If I didn't know your background, I would say this is a sever case of poison ivy". My response to that was sorry but no. He decided to take 2 biopsies of the infected area and send them to the University of Utah and see if they could figure anything out. The stupid part of this whole thing is I was on high doses of antibiotics when this happened. So in reality, it shouldn't have happened. Anyway, thus goes the story of my life.  
 I have the 4 stitches now in my leg and cant lose them for almost another week. Back to the fall related issues, my leg has me back in the ER due to pain that will not stop. The area between the top of my thigh and my toes is still swollen like no other. One of the most painful things about this whole affair is that every time I go from laying on my back to on my feet, as the blood rushes into my ankle area, it triggers a pain that is damn near equal to my first kidney stone. I did find out that this was "normal" yesterday afternoon but I tell you what, there is nothing normal about it. 
 My insurance company finally gave in to the Dr and authorized an MRI to see what damage I have done in there. The tech running the machine was amazed at how it had been 10 days and was still swollen so much. They had to change the fixture on the machine for knees because I couldn't fit my fat leg in to the one they had set out. The test took about 30 minutes and as for what they saw, they wont say.
Earlier this week they did an ultrasound test on my leg to make sure there was not a blood clot hiding in my main veins or artery's. I did pass that test and she told me that all was well from that point of view. So all I can do now is wait. I'll know the MRI results today and hopefully continue on the path of being able to drive my Jeep. But knowing my luck, I will have destroyed something in there and it will have to be fixed. That's just the luck I have. Now usually at this point I tell you all to Jeep on..... not gonna happen today. There will be no Jeeping till I get to participate too. So HA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!