Sunday, April 5, 2009

Another Jetty trip
















HI again. Spring showed it's face today so being free with nothing else to do, I headed out to the Jetty again. I know I know, I am always out there. But, its a fun trip and there are some bodacious mud holes. Anyway, today's trip had me following the above Bird to try and see what it was. He was huge and kept flying out of range. He finally settled on a small tree and I used the zoom lens and got this foto. He was about 150 yards away so I got an ok shot. I think he is a big hawk but what do I know?? Not a lot! The other surprise of the day was the fact that my offering of last week was still standing. It hadn't fallen over yet so I didn't have to make another one! Also, the lake has actually risen since last week. If it keeps up this pace it could be back to the Jetty before the month ends. We had it all to ourselves until we decided to leave and all of the sudden 3 trucks had parked on the mountain above it. I would really like to see the lake cover it again. I think it looks so much better encrusted in salt then it does with out. Personal opinion so if you don't like it??? Tough shit! I climbed a few hills today and played in my favorite puddles. I still can't wait till the snow melts more so I can get back to the mountains and play. It should happen soon, I hope. As for other news..... my father is still doing great so that is awesome. My sister leaves for her new home tomorrow.... best of luck to you Karen.... you're gonna miss the mountains. That's about it for this entry. Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!