Sunday, June 24, 2012

This is getting old..........


Welcome to another adventure. Today's trip is the last one for a while. Samantha is getting her tonsils out Tuesday so we decided to head out and play. My " this is getting old" title was chosen today because, again, our stupid government has once again taken a great 4x4 trail and "subaru'ed it. Yes that is a word. The Mt Logan trail in years past was a good rock crawling trail. The final mile was a blast. Not anymore! They have cut a brand new trail that yes, even a Subaru could do. So so sad. Anyways, as you can see, there is still some spots of snow left. Kinda hard to believe, due to the lack of snow we received.

The town you can see in the distance is Logan Utah. I can't remember how high the peak is, but it is up there. OK I just looked it up. It's 9710 feet above sea level. I thought it was higher, but what the hell do I know? The view is spectacular and you can see forever. Granted, you will be trying to see over all the non-Jeep vehicles that are parked there, but climb on a hood and look over the valleys below. The last time I was up there I rode the Predator and it was a blast. Today's trip up was less than exciting. Oh well, what can one do? We headed out back down the trail  and took the road south to explore regions yet unexplored by the yellow Jeep.

Providence canyon was closed so we stayed on the trail heading south and ended up at Millville canyon. At the top of it we found this little mud hole and played. It wasn't a lot of mud but we did have some fun. The trip down the canyon was fun. It is a steep canyon with lots of loose rocks which meant we got to finally use 4-low. Going down was exciting, but I'm thinking going up would even be funner. So maybe in a few weeks when Sam has recovered, we will go up the canyon just for shits and giggles. I am almost in the mood to move somewhere where the government leaves the trails alone. It seems that all of the trails east of Logan have become.... for lack of a better word: Sissy-fied. I know, I made it up but who cares, right? In the past, you needed a good 4x4 to see these interesting places but now..... sigh! Well that's enough. Enjoy yourselves and, as I always say......
Jeep on, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!