Friday, November 2, 2012

A super long, yellow adventure: part uno

 Welcome to day one of a super long, adventure in another yellow beast. Unfortunately, it's not a Jeep, but Bob will like that it is an International......but not a scout.Do I make any sense at all? I don't think I am  due to the fact I drove the above beast 680 miles today. Ya, its not a Jeep. OK, I will think and make this right. I flew out last Wednesday to Akron, Ohio to grab the wife, yes I did, and pack up the household goods and move them back to Utah. We spent Thursday loading said truck and cleaning the house. This morning dawned bright and early..... OK, just remember I am on Utah time.....she was on Eastern time.... so that's a 2 hour difference.so, this mornings 5 am was really 3 am for me, thus the mind loss.

 Now I am not lying when I tell you the earth is flat. I am totally serious. I just spent the last 12 hours looking at the flat corn fields of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and now Iowa. Fact is my fellow friends, I am only like 20 miles from West Liberty, Iowa for those of you you get the joke. Just so you understand, how freaking boring this drive is, look at what the locals named their town! I smell red neck in the breeze. Ha ha ha ha! Farmer City.... they are so bored they can't even come up with anything somewhat descent. We also passed towns called London, New Paris and Lebanon. Go figure??? 
 
 But, on the other hand, there was some cool shit. The above foto is us crossing the mighty Mississippi river. I have flown over it 3 times and today i finally got to see it somewhat up close. And honestly, this is a rather small version of it. The Missouri river joins it at St Louis and makes it bigger. But, I must say, it was bigger than any other river I have seen with the exception of the Rio Plata river that separates Uruguay and Argentina. Now that was a big river. But this was still way cool. 
The other really cool thing was seeing in person the famous I-80 Worlds largest truck stop. We came up on it at hour 11 of the 12 hour drive and ya know, I could have stopped but my attitude at this point was hotel and food. It's true stuff though, the place is freaking huge. I remember watching the show on the History channel about it, how it has tons of stuff in it and its almost a city with in itself. Tomorrow is a shorter drive so hopefully we will be able to stop at a few things along the way that are interesting. I will say this, I am Damn sick and tired of cornfields. I have seen enough of them to last me a life time. well, it be late, so I will end,  Jeep on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!