Sunday, May 3, 2009

once is NEVER enough!

Hi and welcome to a rerun of sorts. Yesterday was so fun I decided to do it all over again. OK, let me clarify the reason. The new tires preformed very well yesterday but my foot print was too small. Root cause, over inflation. The cure, air them down. So, I bagged the good camera and took the new phone.... long story there, and headed south again. At the base of the mountain, I aired the tires down 10 lbs and headed back up to Jacob City taking the main road. I took the main road so I could scout the Dry canyon trail from above. The trail was moist and that made for some dust free wheeling. There were a few tiny spots of snow but nothing like the march trip. I didn't even hesitate when I reached the trail into town. I plowed into the mud and went directly to the town. Once down there I played in the mud and snow to see how the air down worked. It was better, but still not what I want. While there I met Moose the Marmot.

That's a foto of him above. He was quite kurius about what I was doing so we sat and chatted for a few minutes. After about 5 minutes, he went back into his hole not to be seen again. The south side of the town still has a lot of snow but from what I could see, the Dry canyon trail looked ready to be run. So, that's going to be another adventure coming soon. Anyway, I left the tires at the lower pressure for the trip home and the ride improved drastically. Ya gotta love the time you spend out Jeeping. Not a whole lot in this world is better! I wish I could do it for a job.... now that would be KICK ASS! Jeep on my friends

2 comments:

  1. whatcha doen next saturday? T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must interject...curious is the spelling. Unless maybe you were going for effect...more than once...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!