Tuesday, May 12, 2009

UGH!

Today was my echocardiogram on my heart. I arrived at the hospital mid afternoon and checked in. I was shown into the room by a nurse who preceded to start an IV in my wrist. I have never had an IV in my wrist and it was kinda interesting. I have had them in my hand and arm but never my wrist. Anyway, I sat there and watched as the tech spent the next 40 minutes looking and recording my heart. It's kind of like when they do it on a pregnant woman to look at the baby, just this time they were not looking for boy or girl parts. It was interesting to watch my heart beat. After taking all sorts of measurements they sent a syringe full of bubbly saline into my vein and within 2 seconds it was at my heart. It was very interesting to watch. Now comes the part that drives me nuts. I am sure she knew what she saw but she refused to tell me anything. Thus the foto today. I couldn't find one that said no waiting so I chose the no loitering. I now get to wait and hear it from my DR sometime in the future. I hate to wait. It just freaking sux. Anyway, enough bitching. I sit and wait. And it sux!

2 comments:

  1. hope everything turns out ok. Time for you to have healthy year.. no surgerys..no accidents.. and for hells sake no heart problems. Your only kinda old...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is a virtue... I'm just sayin'... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!