Saturday, July 31, 2010

An interesting reunion

Hi and welcome to an adventure that's not about Jeeping or ghost towns. Go figure! Anyway, today was the family reunion of the Charles Shreeve Peterson family. He was one of the first Utah settlers and actually has a town named after him. So, the reunion was in Peterson.... ha ha ha, on the original homestead site. His original cabin is in Morgan, Utah, if I remember right, on the town office square. I dunno. On the site now is kind of a neat recreational building. It made for a great place to visit and eat although is was hotter than hell. My parents, my sister and myself along with my uncle Reed and aunt Winona were also there. It was interesting to learn that this man , as of 2001, has over 8000 descendants. Of course he did have an advantage of having 4 or 5 wives but who's counting? So, the really interesting part of the reunion was........................................................................
I found out that I am related to my 5th grade teacher! I am not known for putting my own foto on here but this time I made an exception. 5th grade........ that was sooooooo long ago. She was easy to recognize tho she took a while to figure out who I was. Imagine that... after 35 years not remembering me..... just kidding. She had talked to my mom so she knew I was coming... anyway..... that's today's adventure. I enjoyed it. Next one will be a jeeping one I promise! Jeep on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!