Sunday, June 21, 2020

Fathers Day 2020: How it Sucked Bawls


As I write this, my emotions are leaning toward the pissed off side. Since this damn Corona virus arrived, life has really gone to hell and back. Businesses are folding and the current mood of this country is totally shitty. The worse part for me is being cut off from my parents. They went into lock down at the assisted living center in March: no visitors. Apparently they relaxed it last week and one of the kitchen attendants now has the virus so they went into super lockdown. So I was unable to go wish my father a happy fathers day. It sucks bawls! Granted, I did speak to him on the phone but I got the impression he really didn't know today's was fathers day or do I believe he knew who I was. That really sucks. Seeing this, my vow is to not ever let it  happen to me. I will exit stage left if I am ever diagnosed with dementia or Alzheimer's. The sad thing is, I believe their relocation to an assisted living center sped up the progression of the disease.   

 
Here's why. When they lived in their house, there was always something for him to do. Be it vacuuming or pulling weeds, he kept busy. Once the house was gone, the need of doing things disappeared. They have housekeeping there, laundry service, meals are made and served to them in a dining room. The sudden lack of busy work, which required you to think and be out and about is gone. You can sit and watch tv or read, surf the internet or vegetate. He has no  idea how to play on the net and his tv watching is pretty much zilch. Mom says he does like to watch Hogans Heroes but thats about it. Boredom is killing him. And I understand how that goes. 27 days in a room with not a whole lot to do taught me that it will never happen again. You can only read so much, play so many video games, watch tv or sleep before it turns into a nightmare. You lay there and next thing you know you are waking up with someone trying to stick a needle in you. My sleep pattern was/is shot to hell. I am trying to get back on a schedule to sleep all night and I am slowly making progress. Working again is helping me because I come home exhausted. Anyway, enough said. It's 1 week till July arrives and I aint been out in the Jeep yet. Its slowly killing me. An escape to the middle of nowhere is my way of relaxing and living life. Not doing it is bad for the soul. Someday soon I would love to make a run somewhere. Even a few hours would be good. Let's hope it happens soon!  Oh, before I forget, the fotos above are from dads 75th birthday and then his 90th.  I love the way Colt got him to smile. Jeep on my friends!

1 comment:

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!