Monday, July 13, 2009

A Sunday drive with the family, on Sunday!

Hello again! I should have wrote this yesterday, but, we got home too late and I decided sleep was more important than telling you what we did. We left the home front at 6pm and headed out to show Josh the Spiral Jetty. I had an idea the water would be very close to the jetty and I was right. We watched a storm come in and didn't get any rain out of it but we got a very beautiful rainbow. Kinda cool huh? Even though it was 90, the wind made it quite nice. There was even a lightning fire sparked on the end of the Promontory range. I find it weird that there was lightning and we didn't even have any rain or hear any thunder.
We all sat at the edge of the jetty and talked and laughed. Josh thought the jetty was cool and it was really nice to see water near it. When we first got there, there was a man from New York with a very nice camera taking fotos of the jetty. We sat and talked about the history of the area and he was impressed with what we told him. As soon as he left , we had the whole place to ourselves. And there were no bugs either..... it was perfect. Perfect weather and perfect company, it don't get no better!
The clouds were covering most of the sky and I really liked some of the formations I saw. I liked this one and one other but I chose to show you this one. All we need now is for the water to cover it again so it will return to the salty white color that looks so great against the blue water. It was an awesome day, but then again, all days when we are all together like this are great! Next adventure? who knows! I am hoping for the Boston Terrace trip but like I said, who knows? Jeep on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!