Saturday, September 30, 2017

Day number 15

 Saturday September 30th. I am so damn bored it is pathetic. As you can see, I have been a bit busy. Well, slow busy. I felt good Thursday and made the decision that the top needed to go on before this weekend due to forecast rain. (Yes it did rain today) It hadn't rained forever and I didn't even think to check the top and see if it was dry. I assumed wrong. I undid the last clip and the top emptied a few gallons of water into the Jeep covering the drivers seat and making nice lakes in the floorboard. Damn it!  So, I pulled the drain plugs and put it back under the carport to wait for it to dry out. Early Friday morning I pushed it out into the sun to let it sit and completely dry out. I went out to the shed and got the top and noticed that the side windows were crumpled. Due to that, they had to sit in the sun for a few hours before I could use them. The actual process to put the top on is fairly easy. Well, it is easy when you have two healthy legs. Never the less I got it on to the point above and decided to try something new. 
I have in the past finished putting the main top on and then put the rear window in. This time I left the top in the halfway position and put it in that way. It was a wee bit easier in my opinion so I think I will keep doing it this way. I got that done and took a lunch break and called Troy for help with the doors. My great luck prevailed because he was home and came over and they got put in. Thanks Troy. Again, that's a job for 2 legs. By this time, the side windows had heated up in the sun and I got them to lay flat. they go on quite easily so I was done in a matter of minutes. I got out my little 1 gallon shop vac and got as much of the summers fun vacuumed out as I could and called it good. It bums me out to put it on each year because it means I've given up on summer and winter is coming. We have had snow down to 7000' already so I guess its the right thing to do. I know of a few guys that pretty much stay topless year round. I'm sorry but I'll be damned if I am gonna get snowed on. Besides, the electronics in these new Jeeps do not like moisture. 
After finishing the job I came in and laid down to relax. I am good for about 15 minutes of standing time before it lets me know I am done. I ignored it quite a bit yesterday so I was sore. Then, I am half asleep laying there and I decide to stretch. You know, the full body kind. Yah, I did that and my knee exploded in pain. Shouldn't of done that. I was hurting still this morning. I am running out of patience. Sitting here is driving me nuts. I have stuff to do and its not getting done. Oh well, nothing I can do about it I guess. Summers gone and I'm not happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, in fact I would love to hear your opinions!